Sell Your Car
We will buy any car regardless of the make, age, and mileage.
4 simple steps to selling your car
Fill in our online valuation form
Receive your valuation by email
Book an appointment
Sell your car
How We Determine the Value of Your Vehicle
- Online Appraisal - Firstly, we will review the information and images provided by you. You will then receive an indicative valuation, which is subject to our inspection of your car.
- Inspection - One of our experts will then appraise and test drive your vehicle
- Vehicle History Check - As with all our cars, we will conduct a full vehicle history & outstanding finance check.
- Final Offer - Your offer is made and will be valid for 5 days.
Why sell your car to Joe Duffy Group?
- With an experienced team of professional buyers, Joe Duffy Group provide fast and competitive valuations.
- Your offer is valid for 5 days.
- With drop off points nationwide, you can leave your car to a location that is convenient for you.
- Payment is quick, usually the next day if the banks are open.
- Joe Duffy Group will buy any car regardless of the make, age, and mileage.
- If you have any outstanding finance on your car, we can arrange to settle that on your behalf.
- We guarantee that we’ll make a cash offer in writing on your car regardless of age, model, mileage or condition and we will hold that offer to buy for five days irrespective of you buying one of our cars.
- At Joe Duffy Group we provide you no-hassle offer irrespective of buying a car from us, this enables you to buy the car that suits you without worrying about the part exchange valuation, and you can accurately compare what you are paying for the car you are considering buying.
- While selling the car through a private sale might be an option for some, it can be an uncertain process in relation to how much you will receive, how long it will take to sell and the experience of inviting people to your home to buy a used car can have its challenges
- Joe Duffy Group will make payment directly into your bank account generally the same day assuming the banks are open!
- We offer a quick and hassle-free transparent process via our website
- At the end of the process, you will be provided in writing with a fair market price cash offer that we will hold for five days from our Joe Duffy Group buying team on your car subject to final inspection together with the correct documentation being provided
Joe Duffy Group will make you an offer for your car irrespective of you buying one of our cars. There are two options available to get an offer for your vehicle.
Visit our store
Visit one of our Joe Duffy Group stores, and we will conduct a fast, free, no-obligation valuation. A member of our team will look over your vehicle, take photographs of the car recording the mileage, mechanical and exterior condition of the vehicle, including the depths of the tyre. The valuation generally takes approximately 30 minutes, and you will be provided with a printed cash offer in writing for your car valid for five days
You can log on to joeduffy.ie on your smartphone and complete the process on our website using our online appraisal system. This process is very straightforward and takes approximately ten minutes; it involves you taking six pictures of your car using your Android or Apple phone and answering a few questions on the mileage, condition and service history of your vehicle. We will then respond to you in writing within 1 hour during store opening hours with an offer which is subject to inspection at our store
The valuations are based on the age, condition, mileage and current market value of the vehicle we will make you an offer irrespective of you buying one of our cars in writing that’s valid for five days, giving you time to think it over.
- The Car's registration document (together with appropriate proof of purchase if requested by us)
- The Car's service history (if any);
- The Car's NCT certificate (if any); and
- The Car's user manuals (if any)
There are a few items that you will need if you are selling or part-exchanging a car to Joe Duffy group, and we cannot agree to purchase the vehicle without these.
- A valid and current vehicle registration document. This is to confirm ownership
- A valid NCT test and all service history applicable to the vehicle
- A valid photo ID and Passport
- All Keys and remotes applicable to the car if only one key is supplied then a reduction of €150 will be made on all cars
*No final offer to purchase a car will be made without providing this information
If you have outstanding finance on your vehicle, we will contact your finance provider to receive an up to date settlement figure. If your vehicle has had finance and it is now settled, we will need confirmation in writing from the finance company that all outstanding finance has been cleared. If the payment for the finance is more than the offer for the car, the difference is called negative equity, and the difference must be paid to ourselves in advance.
All offers that we make to purchase cars can only be made on our Joe Duffy group App and website. The offer needs to be accepted together with a final inspection. We also require all paperwork, keys (we will deduct €150 from the price if only one key is provided), proof of title, and confirmation that there is no outstanding finance. We will then ask you to sign a change of ownership, copy of our purchase agreement to confirm that the car has not been stolen or subject to an insurance or total loss claim, all outstanding taxes has been paid and is your property. Payment will be made to you directly in to your bank account or we can offset the payment if you are buying a car from Joe Duffy Group.